Being mentored is one of the most valuable and effective development opportunities you can pursue. A relationship with a mentor is based on encouragement, constructive feedback, openness, mutual trust and respect. A willingness to learn and share can provide you with the essential knowledge to succeed, both professionally and personally.
- Work in property and want to develop their career (minimum two years’ experience).
- Have a commitment to personal learning and professional development.
- Have an interest in developing self-awareness and a positive approach.
- Have a track record of performance/achievement.
- Be well respected and earmarked for leadership.
what are the benefits of becoming a mentee?
Here are some of the primary benefits of participation in the Property Council’s Mentoring Program as a mentee:
Be a part of a dynamic Mentoring Program, built and delivered by leaders in your industry to develop your career and network.
This is a powerful professional development program with a long and strong history of success.
Connect with a cohort of mentees across the country.
KEY DATES FOR THE 2022/2023 PROGRAM
FRIDAY 19 AUG 2022
THURSDAY 22 SEP 2022
APPLICANTS ADVISED OF OUTCOME
FRIDAY 7 OCT 2022
WEDNESDAY 19 OCT 2022
The closing date for applications is 5:00pm AEST Thursday 22 September 2022.
We recommend you allow plenty of time to prepare and submit your application by the closing date. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 7 October 2022. Mentees must be Property Council of Australia members.
READY TO BECOME A MENTEE?
mentee investmentThe National Mentoring Program is offered to Members only
Applications open Friday 19 August 2022
From the beginning, we set out to deliver a program that wasn’t simply another industry mentoring program. The success of all participants, and in turn our industry, is our goal and the primary differences that ensure we are successful are:
- the Mentoring Program is open to all genders and career stages, and from the full breadth from our membership across Australia;
- the matching of mentees and mentors is based on psychometric assessment of applicants;
- we strive for a high caliber of mentors at senior management and executive level;
- one-on-one mentoring sessions are supported by a structured calendar of other networking and development opportunities, and;
- the Mentoring Program is overseen by an Advisory Committee, which you can read more about here.
for your employer
As an industry mentoring program, we believe there are significant advantages over and above those of a workplace program, including:
- greater industry awareness and knowledge amongst participants;
- exposure to a range of specific industry career pathways;
- access to unique industry data and trends;
- development of capacity within the property industry.
For employers of mentees, investing in mentoring can lead to more engaged employees performing at enhanced levels with expanded skills, improved confidence, and a wider network.